Tuesday, June 25, 2013

High Expectations?

My relationships are important to me, and deserve to be treated as such. I like reminding my friends that they are special, and that someone is thinking about them. I am constantly going out of my way to make others feel good, and I never ask for anything in return. I enjoy doing these things for the people I care about, and I will continue to do so.

It has taken some time, but I have finally figured out who I am.. and I know my worth. I know how I deserve to be treated, and this isn't it.

Is desiring respect in my friendships expecting too much? It's not like I am demanding attention, or wanting people to drop everything just to make me happy. It would just be nice to know that someone out there cares.

I feel like the people I consider to be friends only talk to me when they need something, or when I initiate the conversation. I also feel like they only have something to do with me when it is convenient for them. I know that sounds really pathetic, but it becomes more and more true every day.

Even when these people do actually talk to me they never ask about my life or how I am.. it's all about what they want to talk about, and that is usually themselves.

I'm always here when people need me.. no matter what. I listen to their good news, bad news.. I'm always there to congratulate them or to be a shoulder to cry on. But where are they when I need them?

I am not saying that I'm perfect by any means. I know I have plenty to work on in different aspects of my life, and I am constantly striving to be a better person. That is something that will always be important to me. I want to be known for my good character.

Anyway..

I know what you are thinking.. "These people don't sound like friends." or "You need to find better friends." I've tried.. things go well for awhile, but they seem to always end up here. And I don't want anyone to think these girls are bad people. They really aren't.

But now that I'm TTC it breaks my heart more than ever. I know I have my husband and my family, and for that I am incredibly blessed. It's just that I consider a lot of these girls my sisters. We have been through so much together, and I really want them to celebrate with me. I want them at my baby shower, and to come see me at the hospital. I just want to know they care in general.

I know a lot of this stuff is way in the future, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I feel completely lame for writing such a depressing post, and I really hope it doesn't come off as whiney. I just needed to vent.

I have met quite a few amazing women on thebump, and I am so thankful. I just think it is completely insulting that people I just met on the internet seem to care about me a lot more than my friends do.

I treat people the way I want to be treated.. is that really so hard to do for someone you love? I mean.. even treating people you don't know with respect is effortless. At least that's how it is for me..

I want to end this post on a good note. Here's a Jensen gif:

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I am so selective with my friends now, because I got tired of always being the one to go out of my way and it gets exhausting when the friendship seems one-sided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone understands. I have tried explaining this to them many times.. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable.

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to this post. I feel like I'm usually the one putting in more effort, particularly after any kind of disagreement - I have stubborn friends :S You are not alone, and you sound like an awesome friend - I hope they recognize and appreciate that more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only recognize it when they need me, or if I move on. lol.. I guess I'm too much of a softy. I need to stop giving more chances out than people deserve.

      Delete
  3. 1. It is your blog so write what you need to write. It's your place to vent!
    2. I've thought the same thing about my friends sometimes. You sound like you're a great, hard-to-find friend. I'm sorry your friends don't always see that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your friends suck! But I'm awesome, and I'll be your friend. You're welcome :)

    ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! You are so cute! "You're welcome :)"

    Yay! ::non creepy Internet hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever allow yourself to be used or taken advantage of. It is perfectly Ok to say no and have healthy boundaries. You are worthy of healthy relationships and anyone who doesn't agree can GTFO, for real
    **Total creeper hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks :) I'm so glad I found you guys!

      Delete