Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pep Talk

Dear Self,

I know this has been a long cycle, and that the PMS symptoms you've had for weeks are giving you false hope. I know this is frustrating and discouraging, but you are stronger than this. Don't let the stress of work, home repairs, family, friends, and TTC affect you in such a negative way.

You are blessed to have a good job, a house, a loving family, a few sweet friends, and an amazing husband. Your time will come in one way or another (I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getcha getcha..).

You are a strong, intelligent, compassionate, and beautiful woman. I know you don't ever feel like it, but it's true. You need to start seeing yourself for who you are.. not for how you look. Sure, you could lose a few (ok.. more than a few) pounds, but your weight does not define you. Your actions and your character define you. The way you choose to live your life, and the way you decide to treat others defines you. Get that in your head.

Now.. I would write more, but it is past our bedtime. Go to sleep so you can finish out this week rested.

Love,
You
 

4 comments:

  1. It's so important to stop and remind ourselves of all that we have and should be grateful for. It's easy in this process to let the negative take over. I needed this reminder this morning - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad it helped someone besides me :)

      Delete
  2. It's so hard to remember all the good things about your life when you're feeling frustrated and down. Very good idea to write this and when you're feeling like this, you can come back and read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely needed to read it today. I'm thankful that I posted it.

      Delete